NAAC RE-ACCREDITED 'A' GRADE COLLEGE * DST (FIST) GOVT. OF INDIA APPROVED COLLEGE COLLEGE WITH POTENTIAL FOR EXCELLENCE CPE BY UGC,UGC APPROVED FOR BASIC SCIENCE & RESEARCH (BSR) | (GOVT. SPONSORD) - ESTD : 1957
Counselling and admission in Zoology Msc for 01 seat (from 40% seats) which have become vacant will take place on 27th September, 2016 at 11 am in the Principal's office. Eligible, enlisted candidates from the Zoology MSc - 40% merit list are requested to remain present.
National Level Seminar
NATIONAL LEVEL SEMINAR , DEPARTMENT OF BENGALI (UG & PG) TOPIC: "BANGLA UPANYASER DERHSHO BACHHAR " DATE - 18 & 19 NOVEMBER , 2016 VENUE - RAJA N L KHAN WOMEN'S COLLEGE, MIDNAPORE. FOR COMMUNICATION - 9474972095,9434510066,9475738509,9474972908.
Breaking through confined circle of self-love, education provides means for transformation into delightful widespread universe. Not only that, it brings out the deep self-confidence in mankind. So that, a clear and sacred way of living may be built.
So, to obtain degree with more, more numbers is not our only motto. In addition to that and more than that, our goal is also to be an honest, humble, tolerant, dutiful, socially conscious, brave and benevolent human being. Approach this aim in life earnestly, only then we may be enlightened with realization of knowledge as described below.
"Thou hast made known to me friends whom I knew not, Thou hast given me seats in homes not my own. Thou hast brought the distant near and made brother of the stranger" - Rabindranath Tagore.
The kings of Narajole had built the Gope palace around 1895. Raja Narendralal Khan and his son Debendralal Khan were great patrons of the freedom struggle against the British Raj. The royal family also organized movement against untouchability and supported different charitable causes. The palace bears the footsteps of many great freedom fighters and has been visited by stalwarts like Mahatma Gandhi, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, Netaji Subhas Ch. Bose and Smt. Indira Gandhi. It was Rani Anjali Khan and Dr. Bidhan Ch Roy, the then Chief minister of West Bengal who took initiative to start a college in this palace in 1957, the first women’s college in the then undivided district of Midnapore. Dr. B. C. Roy dreamt of establishing Women's University in this place. Though we are yet to fulfill this dream, the State Govt., Central Govt. and UGC have enabled us to extend several facilities to the students and the College has played a significant role in empowerment of women in this district.
Raja Narendralal Khan Women's College-NAAC reaccredited 'A' grade & Govt. sponsored College is also recognised as Centre for Potential for Excellence by UGC.
College is funded by UGC(CPE) and DST(FIST), Govt. of India. This institution is affiliated by Vidyasagar University.
The pivotal aim of the college has been to empower women through a proper admixture of both pragmatic and mental development, to enkindle their mental matrix with "An idea of complete womanhood".
• To pursue holistic knowledge in its entirety with global and indigenous perspectives.
• To pursue & establish links between traditional and non-traditional disciplines of studies, to strengthen the knowledge base by following the modern trends of interdisciplinary studies.
• To uphold the ideas of life long education with value based and ethical components and to enlighten them with means of self sustenance.
• To enthuse the scholars and researchers for planning and implementing their own programmes with administrative support.
• To uphold the spirit of academic freedom and enterprise to facilitate the freedom of action for the academic community of the college.
• To enrich the theoretical and practical knowledge for development of the nation as a whole starting from local grass root levels.